Do you have difficulty remembering names, formulas, deadlines, dates, etc.?This article has the approach to boost your memory which benefited me.
This article is linked to the article — How to forget something?
How does Memory work?
Our brain considers something important to be memorized based on the following 4 factors
1. Last Recall — How much time has passed since you last recalled it?
2. Duration of Impact — How much time did the event last?
3. Size of Impact — Emotional, Physical, and Spiritual impact?
4. Number of recalls — How many times have you recalled it till now?
How to Boost Memory?
Basic Idea — Decrease Last Recall and Increase other factors.
Some effective ways to do it are as follows:
1. Write it down
Writing an idea increases the duration and size of the impact.
2. Regular Repeated Recalls (RRR)
RRR will decrease the last recall and will increase the number of recalls.
3. Speak out loud
Teaching, Discussing and Talking about the idea you are trying to memorize.
4. Change the format of the idea
We have different memorizing abilities for different things.
For example — We can memorize the periodic table of elements by this song.
5. Take Breaks and Be patient
Memory is developed by consistency, it is not a sprint rather a marathon.
More From the Author
How to forget something?
We forget a lot of things but not the ones we wish to forget. This article will tell you why you are currently unable…
Is your Job / Education worth it?
We spend our time, money, and effort to get a good education/job and then keep spending more to pursue it. How do you…