Giving Compliments is Hard — Let’s make it easy
A 1000 people see a post, 100 people benefit from it, 10 think about complimenting and then 1 person likes the post. Why are we so frugal with sweet words?
Why we don’t give compliments?
· Complements trigger our own insecurities.
· We don’t see the need for it.
· You feel like a stalker.
· They challenge the power dynamics — You feel inferior
· It might come across as flattery
Please clear all these misconceptions because Everyone enjoys praise and it should be freely given. People who praise others actually are in a position of power and are respected more in the community.
What will you get back by Complimenting?
· Short Term: They will remember you
· Short Term: They would complement you back
· Short Term: It causes introspection for self-improvement
· Long Term: It builds better professional and personal relationships
· Long Term: You appear approachable and get opportunities
· Long Term: Almost Everybody likes you
How to give genuine impactful compliments?
· Be specific about what quality about them is being complemented
· Use Simple words
· Speak what you genuinely feel.
· Be unique and authentic
That’s it. These 4 points will make you a compliment champion.
One last reason to give compliments
“You become the reason for someone’s happiness “
You are a patient person who has a genuine drive for self-improvement and You are making efforts for the same.
I wish you all the very best.
To read more: Follow me Aayu Kharbanda
Hard work vs smart work: Solved over a cup of tea
Let’s solve this dilemma over a cup of delicious tea.
Guilt and Regret — The burdens we carry
As we grow older the mental ledger of guilt and regret keeps on increasing, it never reduces. I assure you that the…